Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Mr.Perfect

He is tall. I am not just calling him that due to my lack of height, which makes me call anyone with an average height "tall," but because he really is tall. To be precise, he's a foot and a few inches taller than me. When I look up to admire his flawless complexion, I can't help but be astonished by his manly beard, which he never shaves- he only trims it! It perfectly suits his face. His eyes aren't one bold color, but many mixed together rendering a light hue I've never seen before. They sparkle. His eyes don't tell lies, and that's why they're so special to me. His smile is what I like to call my "melting point," because I feel myself changing into another state when his perfect set of teeth peak out. Then, I think about the possibility of his dentist being a beautiful female, and I get enviously jealous! I melt, and at other times, I sublime! 
He doesn't know about my existence; or maybe he does, but that doesn't matter to me. All that matters in my bubbled up world,which he knows just how to puncture, is that I know of his. 
He is smart: all the kinds of intelligence I have come to know is found in his brain. He is book-smart! I've seen him hold many books in his masculine 
 hands. I managed to read some of their titles. If I got a hold of one of those books he was intriguingly reading, I would free my time to read them too so we can have something in common. He is socially smart too! If he wasn't, why would all those people huddle around him all the time to hear what he had to utter? Moreover, humor is a manifestation of intelligence; and he possesses the sense of humor I liked best. That's what I ended up knowing after utilizing my online-stalking skills....
From the looks of it, he's pious! Oh, how much I love piety! He's not a stuck-up, conceited person due to his utmost devotion to his lord; he is humble as a consequence. I've heard him telling a colleague about how obeying Allah will always have you reaping rewards you forgot you even sowed! 
He has a hoarse voice, but I like it! If I heard it, that meant he was around. 
I am infatuated with him. I know it! I just don't see a reason for denying it. There's a magical feeling about infatuation. I am also obsessed with him. I know I am, so I try to control my obsession before I end up with a restraining order. Maybe it's lust or maybe it's true love! But I don't care what people before me have called it or what I'm about to call it, because a name on "this thing" I got hovering over me wherever I go is not going to change a thing. 

Furthermore, I don't try to get his attention because I know if he's written for me, he'll be mine without me begging for it-one way or another! 
I pray to Allah for him. And I talk to our creator about him. That's the only act I'm capable of doing that makes my impatient soul calm. 
-Calmness; I can't bear it when he speaks so coherently in his appealing accent! I can't help but eavesdrop because all I want is to know him! 
When I'm alone, I sing love songs that magically describe all the feelings surging within my fragile heart! 
I don't question any of "this", I just let it happen. That's what I learnt. It will bring pain as much as it brings happiness! But, that's perfectly fine with me. I'm not scared. I am ready for whatever "this" might bring. 
At least that's what I told myself before that day.  
That day was full of sunshine. It was beautiful. It was a day for beginnings. I was walking and that familiar hoarse voice was calling out my name. I scrutinized myself for letting myself get carried away with "this thing" that I started hallucinating scenarios that just couldn't be real. But it was real! That was my reality,then. He was really saying my name! I turned around and he was holding my ID card! "This belongs to you?" was his innocent question. "Yeah, thanks!"was my answer. And I prayed and prayed with a huge smile that this was the commencement of what I wanted "this thing" to be! 
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment