Saturday, March 10, 2018

- There And Back Again

I've been hard on myself lately 
I feel like everything I do
Every thought I think 
The words I utter 
And the feelings that I feel 
Are wrong. So wrong and they're not true. 
I castigate myself now even when I'm proud 
From the moment I wake up, I feel like a barking hound!
I just ramble on and on 
Time goes by 
And I smile then I sigh.
It's like everything came crashing down.....
And I don't have the energy to build it again 
But I know that I have to
I need help but I know better now than to seek it from anyone else
So I look above to the One who knows my true self
And I pray and repent to Him, yet I still feel like I'm not doing it right enough
I feel so exhausted 
So not tough
I feel deflated 
I feel worn out 
I need some refining 
I need to abolish my every doubt 

A new mindset ? 
But I liked the old one. 
And I loved it and adored it. 
But I know now that it was foolish
And I can feel myself changing 
Into something new this time 
Never been, never seen before
I felt my heart crack and now there's a light trying to shine through
But it hurts a lot 
And I don't know what to do! 
I'm embracing the pain 
Letting it bruise me 
I am trying to pray; constantly 
Yet, like I said before, 
I'm worn out and completely torn. 
I'm an emotional wreck 
Trying to stay afloat on a sinking deck 

Maybe it's the end 
Maybe it's a new beginning 
I just don't know 
If I'm losing or if I'm winning! 

By Nuha Dadesh
December 10 2017 
2:38 PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment