Saturday, March 10, 2018

20


 I can now say:
 I've been, for almost two decades, existing 
 I've accomplished some dreams and others I'm still listing!
 I'm learning lots and lots;
 Continuously connecting the dots.
 I get sad.
 I get mad.
 And I cry .
 But I also learnt to smile and to laugh 
 Because at any moment I can die.
 I love it when I'm utmost connected to Allah! 
 I try and yearn to get close to him 
 Sometimes, because I'm human, I sin 
 And I despise myself when I'm astray 
 So I bow and prostrate: I pray 

Maybe I'll have two more decades of existing 
Maybe I'll have more 
Maybe I'll have less
But that's not something that I obsess 
About anymore 
I have an afterlife to look for 
So I hope my time of return is when I'm at my best
So in my grave, I can finally rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment