Friday, May 12, 2017

The #American Empire.....

     I get these flashbacks of myself sitting in what was my FAVORITE class in high school that are starting to haunt me.


     I remember Mr.Golles (ABSOLUTE BEST English/History teacher ever!!!!) teaching us about the collapse of the Byzantine and Roman Empires and how that came to be. I remember him telling us that any empire is capable of dismantling-even the US! And I arrogantly thought to myself, "Well, it's gonna be a while before that ever happens." I remember him telling us that our generation is so caught up with the Internet and the luxuries that a prosperous system has to offer that we became so apathetic towards politics. I remeber him imploring us to vote right when we become 18 and legal in 2016. But, I guess my classmates weren't paying attention. 


     It's 2017! A guy named Trump is president. The Republicans have the Senate and the House, and they're indulging in their acts of corruptness. The American empire is on the verge of its own collapse,and history repeats itself once again!  



No comments:

Post a Comment